Are you losing interest in paying attention to TV content, office presentations due to small screens? Here come projectors to kick start the curious kid inside you. There was a time when projectors were seen only in theatres and Hostels. After the influence of modern technologies, projectors occupied a space in classrooms, homes, offices etc.
You might wonder how projectors have become part and parcel in all places? Home projectors are very familiar among movie buffs. So, you can experience theatre effects in your own home. Now, the question is how to identify a super-quality projector? We have made your work easy.
After analyzing many projectors, we have shortlisted the top 10 Projectors that can improve interest. We have included projectors with a price of around $1000 and are mainly designed for watching your favorite movies from your home. Plus, you can also find a couple of budget-friendly projectors. Read till the end to know the unique functions and specifications of each branded projector.
Why should you need a projector?
Unlike televisions, you can run fast-moving content on any surface. It is not necessary that you have to point your projectors towards light shaded walls. Despite the background surface, projectors give better quality. In addition to this, you can customize your screen size based on your convenience. Therefore, you can't see large images, thereby getting an immersive experience.
The wide visuals do not put much pressure on the eyes, thereby contributing to your eye health. Very importantly, projectors occupy less space, and it is very easy to store when not in use.
Projectors are lightweight and easy to transport. If you are not comfortable with the viewing angle, you can easily shift the Projector to comfortable surroundings. With all possible premium features, projectors are available at a reasonable price.
Table of contents
- BenQ 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
- ViewSonic PJD5132 DLP projector
- Optoma PK320 Pocket projector
- ASUS S1 LED Portable Projector
- BenQ W1080ST DLP Home Theater Projector
- Philips NeoPix Projector
- Epson VS355 WXGA projector
- AAXA BP1 DLP Projector
- Kodak Luma 150 Projector
- Anker Nebula Capsule Max Projector
Best Projectors available in the market
1. BenQ 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector with HDR10 and HLG - 95% DCI-P3 and 100% Rec.709 - Dynamic Iris for Enhanced Darker Contrast Scenes - 3 Year Industry Leading Warranty Electronics
- TRUE 4K PROJECTOR: 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Individual Pixels give incredible clarity and crisply defined details. NOT double HD or 2K like other manufacturers
- CINEMATIC COLOR TECHNOLOGY: our out-of-the-box factory calibrated color accurate projector with dci-p3 color space is one of the latest forms of technology When it comes to colors available and gives you larger visible spectrum than you can get with Rec. 709
- HDR-PRO TONE MAPPING: Designed to prov... Read More
Will you ever decline a projector that is able to give an equivalent performance to an expensive projector? BenQ 4K HDR Home Theatre Projector is one of the best projectors that has cinema quality lens. So, you can expect sharp images and astonishing black levels. The highlight of this Projector is it promises to deliver the same aspect ratio as high-priced projectors. You will get 3840x2160p resolution from which you experience high clarity in fast-moving content.
HDR-PRO TONE MAPPING incorporated in this Projector focuses on giving high quality 4K resolution for a cinematic experience. In addition to this, the premium quality lens array is exclusively designed to provide an optimum level of light penetration. Thus, you can get to watch content that has good clarity, sharpness and color. A notable feature of this model is, it has DLP technology which is very common in world cinemas and digital IMAX theatres. Therefore, you can experience sharp and high clarity pictures with this slim Projector. It is very easy to mount and comes with a warranty of three years.
|Resolution||4K UHD 2160p|
|Connectivity technology||HDMI, USB|
|Item dimensions||14.96X5X10.35 inches|
|Weight in pounds||12.35|
2. ViewSonic PJD5132 DLP projector
ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA DLP Projector (Discontinued by Manufacturer) Electronics
- SVGA 800x600 DLP, 2800 ANSI lumens brightness and 15000:1 contrast ratio
- Dual VGA inputs, Composite, S-video, RS232, VGA/audio out, integrated speaker
- Dynamic ECO Technology for capture audience’s focus by reducing brightness by 70%
- PC 3D-ready/120Hz, keystone correction, 1.1x optical zoom lens and remote control ... Read More
ViewSonic PJD5132 DLP projector is a lightweight SVGA projector. It has the potential to deliver 800x600 native resolution and a 4:3 aspect ratio. In addition to this, it can display a light output of about 3000 lumens. Very importantly, you can get a decent lamp life of about 10000 hours. This is an affordable projector that needs very low maintenance.
The pictures fall exactly in place with good clarity. This Projector is capable of maintaining the brightness level despite the room lighting. There are two VGA inputs, a composite video port, an S-video port, an audio in and out port and a mini-USB port. Although there is a single speaker, you get quality audio inside the room. Otherwise, use a pair of external devices to enhance the sound level. ViewSonic projector is neither lightweight nor too heavy. It lies exactly in the middle of the spectrum. As a whole, you can expect a good performance and are much suitable to use in classrooms and meeting rooms.
|Item dimensions||8.7X10.5X3.3 inches|
|Weight in pounds||4.60 pounds|
3. Optoma PK320 Pocket projector
Optoma PK320 WVGA 100 Lumen DLP LED Pico Pocket Projector (Discontinued by Manufacturer) Electronics
- For Business Presentations & Personal Media Sharing
- Dlp Pico Technology
- 20,000 Hour Led Light Source
- 1-Year Limited Parts & Labor Warranty, 90 Days On Battery
- 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Truly portable - Palm-sized, lightweight, and rechargeable
- MicroSD card slot allows for memory expansion ... Read More
Many manufacturers come with pocket projectors for user convenience. Optoma PK320 projector fits your palm size. Although it is compact, you will get an output brightness of about 100 lumens. Along with this, the LED light source lasts for about 20,000 without dimming. Optoma comes with standard features like sharpness, clarity. But a little rainbow effect is visible along the edges.
This standalone model allows running presentations with a 2GB internal memory and a micro-SD slot without using a computer. This Projector has a versatile I/O port selection for connecting analog and digital external devices. There is an HDMI port, USB port and VGA port. Plus, there is a micro-USB for transferring files and an audio jack.
The Projector can stay alive for an hour depending on the brightness level. Since this Projector is pocket-friendly, the audio quality will not be up to the expected level. But this project serves the best for small rooms.
|Item dimensions||2.7X4.7X1.2 inches|
|Weight in pounds||0.50|
4. ASUS S1 LED Portable Projector
ASUS S1 Portable Mini Projector HDMI/MHL with Speakers| Ultra-short throw | Up to 3 hours Battery | Power Bank | 2 Years Warranty Everything Else
- Built-in 6,000 mAh rechargeable battery delivers up to 3-hour projection time and doubles as a power bank to charge your mobile devices
- Advanced DLP Technology with 30,000-hour LED lifespan, 200 lumens brightness, 854x480 native resolution and big screen size up to 100 inches (in low-light conditions)
- Palm-sized and .75 pounds lightweight for maximum portability with the best-in-class 1:1 short-throw ratio.
- HDMI/MHL port ensures compatibility with a variety of... Read More
ASUS is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics. It is very compact and lightweight and is very much suitable for streaming movies. You will get a brightness of about 200 lumens. The LED light source offers a long-lasting brightness level despite the room lighting.
But there is relatively low resolution while displaying smaller texts. Apart from this, you can enjoy all the top-class features like a built-in battery at an affordable price. The sleek and rich exterior gives a good impression at first sight. This Projector has an HDMI input port, a USB outlet for charging mobile devices. Plus, you can connect your external speakers using an audio-out jack to improve your sound system. This model is ideal for small rooms since it has only one built-in speaker. There is no drop in customer ratings because of its long battery life.
|Item dimensions||4.3X4X1.2 inches|
|Weight in pounds||0.75|
5. BenQ W1080ST DLP Home Theater Projector
BenQ W1080ST 1080p 3D Short Throw DLP Home Theater Projector (White) Electronics
- HDTV Compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 567p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Picture Modes: Dynamic, Standard, Cinema, 3D, User 1, User 2, User 3
- Showcase Full-HD content in sharp, 1080P HD and enjoy Blu-ray, video games and HD broadcasting in beautiful, high-contrast quality without downscaling or compression
- SmartEco Mode cleverly adjusts the lamp power to maximize power saving by delivering the best contrast and brightness performance using only as much light as needed <... Read More
Are you a crazy lover of movies? You can bring a theatre effect to your living room with the BenQ W1080ST DLP projector. The output brightness level is about 2000 lumens and a resolution of 1080p makes it a perfect choice for home theatre setup. This projector is capable of delivering good clarity images in any ambience. Plus, the texts and images are very sharp thus giving an immersive experience.
The notable feature of this projector is ist connectivity. There is a pair of HDMI ports used for 1080P resolution, a composite video port, VGA, S-video port and a component port. You can use a 1.2x zoom lens to put the picture accurately to the room of any size.
An option of connecting external speakers is provided to improve the audio clarity. The projector has various picture modes like Dynamic, Standard, Cinema, 3D etc. The SmartEco mode incorporated in this projector will adjust the lamp power to save battery life. As a result, you can get a perfect contrast ratio and brightness level for the displayed picture.
The Eco black mode is an energy saving mode of the projector. It can save about 70% of power when the projector is not running tasks.
|Item dimensions||9.6X12.2X4.09 inches|
|Weight in pounds||6.3|
6. Philips NeoPix Projector
Philips NeoPix Easy Projector, Built-in Media Player Home Audio & Theater
- Vivid Display: Up to 80" display in 480p, 800x480 resolution.
- Perfect for your bedroom: LED light source lasts over 20,000 hours. Image Adjustments: focus and keystone correction
- Media Player: Display videos, images and even play songs via USB or microSD. Built-in speakers for on-the-go sound.
- Easy Connection: Connect all your compatible devices to your NeoPix projector via HDMI. ... Read More
If you're looking for a budget-friendly Projector, the Philips NeoPix is a savior. The HDMI port that is available at the side of the Projector is very easy to access. This Projector comes with a lot of smart features like an in-built media player that allows the media injected from a USB pen drive and a microcard SD. In addition to this, you can experience a better audio quality with in-built speakers. You can also plug in your headphones using a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Projector is very handy and weighs only about 4 pounds. So, it is very easy to shift the Projector to places where you find satisfying lighting. It can deliver 20,000 lamp hours with a decent contrast ratio of 3000:1. This Projector works to the fullest in compact rooms. You can easily connect the external devices with the HDMI port connectivity available in the NeoPix projector. Moreover, you can get help with useful features at an affordable price.
|Item dimensions||5.91X8.15X3.33 inches|
|Weight in pounds||3.96|
7. Epson VS355 WXGA projector
Epson VS355 WXGA 3,300 lumens color brightness (color light output) 3,300 lumens white brightness (white light output) HDMI 3LCD projector Electronics
- More accurate, vivid color, even in well-lit rooms — 3,300 lumens of equal color and white brightness (1).
- WXGA resolution (1280 x 800) — 2x more resolution than SVGA for projecting HD presentations and video; perfect for widescreen laptops.
- Fast, easy setup with Epson — get up and running in no time with easy image adjustments and convenient control.
- Works with the latest laptops and media players — supports HDMI, the standard in connectivi... Read More
Is your meeting paused due to poor Projector's performance? No more worries, we present you Epson VS355 WXGA for conducting office meetings. Usually, office rooms have bright light settings. With a 15,000:1 contrast ratio, this brightness level is perfectly balanced according to the light settings. This project consists of plenty of input ports to connect external devices. You get an HDMI port, VGA and a rare USB Type-B port. Along with this, you can plug a USB thumb drive via a USB Type-A port to run media.
The Projector can fill the screen for about 320 inches. So, you can enjoy wide but clear pictures on the screen. This Projector weighs about 5.5 pounds that are exclusively designed for office rooms. The VS355 comes with a recessed lens that is protected from thumb impressions and other smudges. It doesn't stop with this. You get a slide-over cover to keep your lens free from dust.
You can easily control the Projector using the control and buttons available at the back of the Projector. On the top, there are a couple of buttons to navigate the menu and picture optimization. The installation is very simple, and it takes roughly a few minutes to set up the Projector. The speakers are situated at the back of the Projector. Usually, the seat arrangement is behind the back of the Projector. Thus, the people can hear clear audio without any noise muffles.
|Connectivity technology||VGA, USB, HDMI|
|Item dimensions||11.9X3.2X9.3 inches|
|Weight in pounds||5.5|
8. AAXA BP1 DLP Projector
AAXA BP1 Speaker Projector – Bluetooth 5.0, 1080P Support Battery Power Bank, Up to 6 Hour Projection or 24 Hours Playtime, USB-C Mirroring, Onboard Media Player, HDMI, DLP Portable Mini LED Projector Electronics
- Bluetooth 5.0 Speaker & DLP Projector Supports 1080P, Native nHD Resolution (Bluetooth is Available for Streaming Music Only)
- Onboard 12000mAh Battery - 24 hours of music play, 6 Hours of Projection
- Powerful 12 Watts Dual Speaker, Power Bank Mode allows device charging through the USB port.
- USBC Input & Smartphone Mirroring - Supports direct mirroring from smart devices or laptops with USB C video output capabilities, such as latest Macbook Pro (2019), iPad... Read More
AAXA BP1 DLP Projector is the most lightweight Projector available in the market. It is pocket-friendly and weighs about only 1.1 pounds. This Projector is a complete package of premium features like 1080p resolution and a 12W Bluetooth speaker. It comes with a powerful 12000mAh power bank that is very helpful to charge essential devices at times of emergency.
The power bank's long-lasting battery will support the Projector and speaker. So, you are free from dealing with intermediate power cuts. Honestly, this power bank is a savior that keeps the project running for about 6 hours or allows speakers to play for a whole day. Although it takes time to boost the battery level while charging, the battery life lasts for many hours.
With 1080p resolution, you can expect the brightness on the screen only when you use the Projector in dark rooms. It doesn't come with a remote, but you can take full control using the buttons available on the Projector. This Projector carries input ports like HDMI, a microSD card reader and a USB Type-C.
|Weight in pounds||0.3|
9. Kodak Luma 150 Projector
KODAK Luma 150 Ultra Mini Pocket Pico Projector - Built in Rechargeable Battery & Speaker, 1080P Support Portable Wireless LED DLP Movie & Video Travel Projector, Connects to iPhone and Android Electronics
- FROM SMARTPHONE TO THE BIG SCREEN | Pocket Projector Produces Bright, Vivid Video & Imaging Up to 150” for Amazing Home Entertainment; Watch Movies, View Pictures or Give Presentations Anywhere a Wall is Available!
- MULTIPLE METHODS FOR VIEWING | Versatile Device Comes w/ HDMI & Micro USB Cables for Hookup to Camera, Storage Drive, PC, Laptop & Other Compatible Devices | Go Wireless w/ Mobile-to-Projector Mirroring Via Airplay & Miracast
- STUNNING 16:9 PR... Read More
If you are looking for a portable projector that fits to bag size then Kodak Luma 150 Projector. The customized buttons make your work easy with every touch. You get input ports like HDMI, USB Type-A and a microSD card port. You can transfer smart phone contents on a big screen with the help of these input ports. The interesting feature in this projector is the tripod settings. Thus, you can place the projector stable despite the surface.
Never underestimate these pocket projectors. You can experience a good clarity and sharpness in the presentations and videos streaming on screen. This projector offers a clear 4K resolution with 1000:1 contrast ratio. This compact device contains in-built speakers which is quite admirable. In addition to this, the battery offers a battery life for 2.5 hours.
With this palm size projector, you can proceed with your seminars, staff meetings without any disturbance. Moreover, you can adjust the height according to the surface. Also, you can watch HD videos and play games or share family pictures with high clarity.
|Item dimensions||3.1x3.1x0.87 inches|
|Weight in pounds||1|
10. Anker Nebula Capsule Max Projector
Anker Nebula Capsule Max, Pint-Sized Wi-Fi Mini Projector, 200 ANSI Lumen Portable Projector, Native 720p HD, 8W Speaker, Movie Projector, 100 Inch Picture, 4-Hour Video Playtime, Home Entertainment Electronics
- HD Viewing: Cutting-edge DLP technology projects a vividly-detailed 720p, 200-ANSI-lumen image up to 100 inches big. Ideal for use in low-light environments.
- Instant Clarity: Get an ultra-sharp, rectangular image from almost any angle with Capsule Max mini projector’s keystoning in and one second autofocus technology
- Ideal in the Home: Stay entertained at home with Capsule Max's 100-inch image. Watch movies, take online classes, or keep the kids entertained with hours ... Read More
Unlike other projectors, Anker stands out of the crowd with its unique shape. The capsule-shaped Projector offers you an HD image with DLP technology. With a 720p resolution, you can view detailed pictures on a screen. Very importantly, this Projector has an android option for downloading apps. Plus, the Android 8.1 operating system and smartphone app connected with Bluetooth for remote control.
The contrast ratio is about 400:1, and the brightness level is approximately 200 lumens. Therefore, you can expect a good level of image clarity in a dark environment. The bottle-sized design is easy to port and fits perfectly in a backpack, handbag etc. Also, you can place this Projector in water bottle holders. The keystoning technology gives accurate sharpness to images. The only downside of this model is that it cannot stream copyrighted content from Netflix. But you can download the apps using Capsule Max movie projector to view the copyright contents.
|Hardware interface||USB, HDMI|
|Item dimensions||3.15x3.15x5.91 inches|
|Weight in pounds||1.6|
Before purchasing a projector, you should consider some of the factors to get the best that suits you. It should be a perfect mixture of features specifications that fall within your budget. For your convenience, we have made a separate session with simplified words. Thus, you can have a glance at this buying guide whenever you are deciding to buy a new projector.
Basically, the quality of the picture is rated in terms of "Resolution". The sharpness of the pictures is proportional to the resolution. So, whenever a projector has a higher resolution, you can expect very sharp pictures when viewed from a projector. Therefore, you can opt for projectors that have high resolution for a theatre experience. Full HD, HD Ready, WVGA, XGA and SVGA are some of the types of resolutions available in projectors.
Throw ratio is defined as the distance to the required image size. In simple words, the throw ratio is the distance-clarity relationship between the image size you are projecting and the distance measured between the Projector and the surface used for viewing the image. So, you must consider the distance between the Projector and the surface to get the best experience.
Projector's brightness is measured in “Lumens”. In the early days, Lumens was used as a measure of the brightness of one candlelight. You must check out the Projector's lumens value to get brighter images on the screen.
One of the major factors that determine the quality of the projected image is the Contrast ratio. The right balance between the white and dark portion of the image from the Projector is known as the Contrast ratio. Look for a high Contrast ratio in a projector to enjoy high-quality pictures.
If you need to shift projectors from one room to another based on the meetings you attend, you must look for a portable projector. Although you might not experience the quality of a permanent projector, you can transport these lightweight projectors with ease.
Generally, you will face image instability with projectors. But modern projectors have image stability technology. Therefore, you can enjoy more stable images.
If you are obsessed with games, you must look for a projector that has low input lag. So, you can go for a DLP projector that has an input lag of less than 20 milliseconds.
I/O connections and Controls
In a projector, you must look for an HDMI connection. And also, check for different types of output connections of the [Projector before buying. Coming to the controls, all the projectors have control buttons on the Projector itself. But you also control the device using a remote.
Size and weight
Usually, you cannot find much difference in the Projector's dimensions. But, ensure whether the projector size fits the allotted space. Weight is not a big deal in projectors since most of them are lightweight and easy to carry.
Price and environment
If you are planning to use projectors in an open environment, look for projectors that can display images with high clarity and sharpness. On the other hand, if you need a projector to execute indoor activities then you can go for budget-friendly projectors. But at the same time, it should offer a good contrast ratio and brightness level.
The price may vary based on the premium features you expect. But, ensure the expensive one is a bang for the bucks.
To conclude, projectors are very important to display your thoughts on a screen. So, it is very important to know whether the Projector is capable of doing your expected features. The list of projectors in this article are the top best projectors in terms of performance and quality. We have also included budget-friendly and compact projectors that are very useful for presentations and seminars. Most of the projectors come with DLP technology, an entry-level HDMI port and minimum brightness of 1500 lumens. These projectors are classified into Home-based projectors, DLP projectors, Laser projectors, LCD projectors, LED projectors. Know your purpose before you decide on the product.
Also, check out the warranty to be on the safer side. Anyway, a cheap projector can fulfil your basic needs. In contrast, extra pay offers some additional options. Invest in expensive projectors only if it is worth buying. Have a glance at the buyer's guide before adding the product to the cart. Why wait? Just go and place your orders at any e-commerce site.